Choose to B
We’re so proud to be one of 1,418 certified B Corporations in the U.S. This means we don’t use our profits to make shareholders richer, we use them to make our community richer by supporting dozens of nonprofits, year after year. In other words, banking here means you’re not just taking good care of your money, you’re helping take good care of your community.
How It Works
Becoming certified as a B Corp goes beyond product or service level certification. It’s the only certification that measures a company’s entire social and environmental performance. The B Impact Assessment (BIA) evaluates how a company’s operations and business model impacts its workers, community, environment, and customers.
From our supply chain and input materials (such as what was used in our recent renovation project) to our charitable giving and employee benefits, B Corp Certification proves that we are meeting the highest standards of verified performance.
What it takes –
- We completed the assessment to begin the performance requirement process.
- We met the legal requirements to determine how we will integrate stakeholder consideration into our governance structure.
- B Lab verified our score to confirm that we met the 80-point bar for certification.
- We met with B Lab staff to review our BIA and submitted confidential documentation to validate our responses.
- To maintain our certification, we will update our BIA and verify our updated score every three years.
Certified B Corporations are leaders in the global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy.
What being a B Corp means to you and to us.
- We are leaders in a global movement using business as a force for good.
- We meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- We have met and exceeded the rigorous requirements of becoming a B Corp, which is comparable to a fair-trade certification.
- We received the Best for the World 2019 Honoree award in the Workers category based on our B Impact Assessment.
- This status now legally requires us to consider the impact of our decisions on our workers, customers, suppliers, community and the environment.
2022 Annual Report
Click the link below to learn about all the ways that Piscataqua Savings Bank gave back to the Portsmouth community in 2022.
2022 by the Numbers
In donations given to 114 unique organizations
(including tax credits)
Volunteer hours, a 100% increase over the last year
In loan originations
Total female officers, including a 43% female board and female President/CEO
Blood drives hosted, collecting 671 units of blood
Those units were screened, tested and refined, then distributed to 2,013 patients
In total home equity lines of credit originated