Choose us for our Commitment to the Community.
Stay for our great rates and dedicated personal service.
Since 1877, we’ve been dedicated to the Seacoast community. Now, as a Certified B Corp, we’ve taken our commitment one step further. When you choose us as your Bank, you’ll be joining us, and other global leaders, who are declaring to put people and planet before profit.
We are so proud to be one of just 90 certified corporations in the U.S. So, come join us and be part of something bigger – knowing that as a customer with Portsmouth’s Local Bank, you’re also helping dozens of non-profit and community organizations that we support, year after year.
How it Works:
Becoming certified as a B Corp goes beyond product or service level certification. It’s the only certification that measures a company’s entire social and environmental performance. The B Impact Assessment evaluates how a company’s operations and business model impacts its workers, community, environment, and customers. From our supply chain and input materials (such as what was used in our recent renovation project) to our charitable giving and employee benefits, B Corp Certification proves that we are meeting the highest standards of verified performance.
What It Takes:
- We completed the Assessment to begin the performance requirement process.
- We met the legal requirements to determine how we will integrate stakeholder consideration into our governance structure.
- B Lab verified our score to confirm that we met the 80-point bar for certification.
- We met with B Lab staff to review our B Impact Assessment and submitted confidential documentation to validate our responses.
- To maintain our certification, we will update our BIA and verify our updated score every three years.
Here’s What B Corp Means To You, And To Us:
- We are leaders in a global movement using business as a force for good.
- We meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- We have met and exceeded the rigorous requirements of becoming a B Corp, which is comparable to a Fair-Trade certification.
- We received the Best for the World 2019 Honoree award for the “Workers” category from the B Corporation’s Impact Assessment.
- This status now legally requires us to consider the impact of our decisions on our workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Impact on the Environment
In 2019 we reduced
electricity consumption by
In 2019 we contracted for
in Renewable Energy Credits
In 2019, the PSB
staff helped over
organizations on the Seacoast.
Community Donations & Support Including Volunteer hours
paid volunteer hours provided to staff in 2019
$1.1 million in the last 10 years
Worldwide in 2019 “Workers” Category
Bank With Us.
Start a Conversation About Your Current Needs.
Satisfaction surveys are sent to our clients after their loan closings & account openings.
Ready to learn more about our banking services?
Trusts & Investments FAQ
Tools & Links Check out Frequently Asked Questions
Online Banking Login
Log onto your Online Account here.
If you’re looking for a completely electronic account this is for you!