Security is Everything
Things You Should Know
- The system uses “Secure Socket Layer” (or SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption. To find out the strength of encryption of your browser, go into your browser and check what version you are using. You may need to download a higher version. Your browser should provide you with step by step instructions. Usually browser updates are provided off the Internet at no charge.
- Do not “Save” your password if your browser offers you that option. This could jeopardize the security of your account access.
- If you leave the site without clicking on the EXIT button, you will remain logged on until your idle time expires. Therefore, you or anyone else, will NOT need to reenter your password to resume banking. We recommend that you EXIT the e-bank before you browse another Web site or exit the Internet.
- If you are logged in for 20 minutes without using Piscataqua e-bank, you will automatically be logged out. You will have to enter your Username and Password to resume banking.
- The system will lock you out after 5 unsuccessful log in attempts. You will need to call the bank to be reset. If you forget your Password, we will have to generate a new temporary Password.
- Passwords are case sensitive. You will need to enter your initial Password EXACTLY as it appears in your welcome letter. The new Password that you choose is also case sensitive. Watch out for that Caps Lock Key.
- Passwords must contain at least 8 and no more than 15 characters.
- Passwords must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number. If you forget your Password, you will need to call 1-800-286-5254 or e-mail us at email@example.com and we will generate a new one for you. This process takes several days.
- If you make 5 unsuccessful attempts to log in and e-bank locks you out, but you remember your Password, we can reset your Password. Again, call or e-mail us.
- By giving someone else your Username and Password, you are giving them your approval/authority to access and conduct transactions using your e-bank access. Therefore, we STRONGLY recommend you do not share your Password
- Be sure to follow all the steps when completing a transfer. If you do not get a response with a “reference” number, the transfer may not be successful.
- Your transaction history begins the day we enable your access to the e-bank. You will accumulate up to 2 months of history. Therefore, be sure to retain the statements the bank mails you. You can also download your transaction history into Quicken or MS Money.
- You need to use a web browser that supports SSL encryption. We recommend:
- You may need to download a higher version of encryption software. Your browser should walk you through this. Usually this can be done at no charge.
- You can access e-bank 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, during the early morning hours when we are updating the system with the previous day’s activity, you may not be able to do e-bank transfers or see the most current balance information. You will still be able to view previous transaction history, add payees or schedule bill payment items.